Monday, February 25, 2008

The 3 Stages of Yoga Poses

A yoga pose can be divvied up into three stages:

  • the going into yoga pose
  • the being in the yoga pose
  • and the coming out of the yoga pose

Depending on your personality (or patterns), you might be good at all three of them. My personality appears to be focusing on the first half of the three stages: I am usually enthusiastic, among the first ones in the pose, but I am also among the first ones who lose interest and come out of the pose in the fastest way possible, which often feels more like a sloppy dance move, if not a falling-over, than a mindful yoga movement.

And in real life, that's true too. 100% Enthusiasm. Not-so-many % Follow-Through.

Here is another New Year's resolution:
In my next yoga pose, I will make sure that I put as much awareness into the coming-out as the coming in. It can't be too difficult.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've got an incredibly great weblog. To become a effective person the basic factor would be to have positive thinking.